Monday 1 August 2011

Summer!

As promised in my first post, I am going to talk about something more personal just so everyone can get to know more about me and what I am all about. I can also express about the things that I love, which is awesome of course, I mean, who doesn't love doing that?!

Anyways, this post is about summer and how much I LOVE it! I don't really know many people, if any, that don't love summer. Even though spring comes in second, summer is still the best for me. I of course try to see the good in winter and fall, even though you will see me complaining about the rain and the cold from time to time (ask my boyfriend, hehe). There is just so much to love and I just want to express that to everyone!

The summer in Vancouver has been a bit of a slow start  this year but I think it's finally starting to turn around. I have to say, summer's in Vancouver, actually pretty much all of BC, are pretty darn awesome. I think anyone that lives here or has been here can agree with me wholeheartedly.

So I'm going to get right into the specific things I love about summer in Vancouver, here's the list (and believe me this is a heavily abbreviated list):
  • The way the sun makes you smile and feel good
  • The way the sun feels on your skin
  • Wearing pretty summer dresses/skirts
  • Going to the beach
  • Laying in the sun
  • The sun not setting until late
  • Fireworks
  • BBQ's
  • Going hiking
  • Going biking
  • Richmond Night Market
  • Music festivals
  • Summer fruit 
  • Camping
  • Swimming outdoors
  • Kayaking
  • Couples getting married
  • Picnics
  • Ice cream or frozen yogurt on a hot day
  • Drinks on a patio with some good friends
  • Blue skies
  • Beautiful views of the mountains
  • Road trips
  • Playing frisbee
  • Playing tennis
I really could go on and on but I will stop there.  Perhaps this list will give you some ideas as to what to do this summer (if haven't already done all of them).

Enjoy the summer while it lasts, I know I will!

Shira :)

      No comments: