Tuesday 13 September 2011

Things that Make me Smile

I received some upsetting and disappointing news today. My immediate gut reaction was to feel sad and upset and I was for a brief period. After processing everything, I decided to turn a negative situation into a positive. I figured out the positive outcomes. I wanted to move forward. Just thought I would share that with all of you :)

Continuing on a positive note,  today I am going to discuss the things in my life that make me smile!

My friends: My friends are there for me always and support me no matter what. They make me laugh and I can always be myself around them. They appreciate me for who I am and make me feel good about myself. I don't know what I would do without my group of friends :)

My boyfriend: My boyfriend is basically like one of my friends, except I would say he is my best friend. He supports me and loves me for who I am. He treats me very well and always make me smile. I feel very lucky to have him in my life.

My family. I love my family dearly and they are a great support system for me. They love me unconditionally and support me no matter what. They constantly tell me they are proud of me and that sure makes a girl feel good.

Music. As I have mentioned before and I am incredibly passionate about music. I have been since I was a very young girl. I love how music makes me feel. Whenever I am upset or down, music just lifts me right back up. Singing is also amazing for me. It makes me feel incredible.

Food. Food just makes me really happy. I don't consider myself to be a picky eater and I love all different types of food. I love trying new food and going to a variety of different restaurants and food-related events. I'm getting hungry just talking about food!

Movies. I love how movies get you so involved and invested in a story. Like you are actually a part of the story. I love all different types of movies and will usually never say no to watching a good flick :)

Giving Back and Helping Others. I really enjoy volunteering my time to worthy organizations and helping others. I think it is really satisfying and rewarding to volunteer and lend a helping hand to those who need it.

Executing an Event. After putting in a lot of hard work and hours towards the planning of an event, it's very rewarding for to see an event fully executed. Seeing it unfold before my eyes makes me feel amazing and fulfilled. This is one of the many reasons why I am an event planner.

Making Others Smile. I love making people laugh and smile, it just makes me feel good. Improving someone's mood is so awesome. Anytime I can turn someone's frown upside down, I will do it!

Love. Of course, the love I feel for others make me smile but also seeing others love for one another does too :) I love seeing people care for one another and seeing two people in love. Oh boy.. I am getting all mushy again!

I could continue this for days but I think I will stop right here. I hope this post brings a smile to your face and makes your day just a little bit better :)

-Shira :)

No comments: