Saturday 6 August 2011

Music Soothes my Soul

All my friends know that I am very passionate about music and singing. My love for singing started at the young age of 5 where I constantly recorded myself singing (I need to find those tapes!). As I got a little older I joined a choir and took singing lessons. In more recent years I have sung a few covers on YouTube and joined Sing City Show Choir as a second soprano. In terms of music, I have always loved going to live shows, collecting a vast amount of CD's and online albums and surrounding myself with musical people. The reason I love music and singing so much is because it is a creative outlet, a way of expressing myself and makes me feel alive! Music has also helped me through tough times. Whenever I was going through a rough period in my life, I would listen to my favourite tunes and it would automatically put me in a better mood. Music really does soothe my soul.

So instead of going on and on about the reasons why I love music I thought I would provide a list of some my favourite artists/bands and why I love them so much. Here goes:
  • Matthew Good/Matthew Good Band - My love for MG started when I saw a music video for "Everything is Automatic" when I was about 15 years old. Ever since then, I have been hooked. He's always had a really unique sound that I really love.
  • The Bravery - I just love the sound that they have. They make the kind of music that makes you want to move and rock out. 
  • Muse - Their music is so different from everyone else (I'm sensing a theme here).  I love Matt Bellamy voice and they are one of my favourite bands to see live.
  • Two Door Cinema Club - Their songs always make me happy and want to get up and dance. They really have a great beat
  • John Mayer - His sounds are really soothing and always get me in a relaxed mood. He's an incredible guitar player and has a sexy voice, what can I say? ;)
  • Mother Mother - Again, they have a really unique sound and they are such talented musicians. Another band that makes me want to get up and dance and they are REALLY good live.
  • Zero 7 - I love the way they put music together, they are very creative! 
I'm going to stop there because I really could go all day listing all the music that I like. I really just wanted to express to everyone how much music means to me :)

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Shira :)

    No comments: